Posts tagged ‘Fabrice Muamba’
Today marks the one year anniversary of Fabrice Muamba’s cardiac arrest at White Hart Lane. I need not remind any Bolton fan of the events of that day, but in case you’ve been under a rock for the past year here’s a brief summary:
It was 1-1 in the FA Cup Quarter Final heading in to half-time. Suddenly Fabrice Muamba fell to the ground and his heart stopped. Miraculously the medical staff at White Hart Lane managed to get him to hospital where he made a marvelous recovery. He has since retired from football on doctor’s advice.
Our friends at 188BET have arranged a great night’s entertainment for you. If you enjoy a game of poker, then this could be for you!
This is a perfect chance for you to showcase your poker skills against a number of players and Bolton Wanderers backroom staff, whilst raising money for the Hearts and Goals charity.
Bolton Wanderers footballer; Fabrice Muamba suddenly collapsed mid-game at White Hart Lane stadium in March 2012. He had suffered a cardiac arrest.
Plenty of news items to add today – we’ve been working hard on another project which will be revealed to you all very soon. However, you may have already heard the news but Fabrice and Shauna Muamba are expecting an addition to their family. We, from Voice Of Bolton, would like to congratulate both Fab and Shauna on their news!
Next up, our Captain – Super Kevin Davies has completed his UEFA B Licence (Coaching Badge). Davo started his coaching badges back in 2009, however as we all know, you have to manage your career, family life and other events that are thrown at you before you can get closer to your planned goals.
Selfridges, Manchester Trafford Centre will be holding a signing session tonight, where you’ll get to meet Fabrice Muamba and get a signed copy of his new book ‘I’m Still Standing’ from 6pm to 7pm.
Fabrice Muamba: I’m Still Standing is a life-affirming tale of courage and triumph that will surprise, fascinate and inspire you. Muamba was the Bolton Wanderers player who collapsed during a televised FA Cup match against Tottenham Hotspur.
Fabrice made a remarkable recovery that has engrossed and enthralled both the footballing and wider world. Although it is Muamba’s cardiac arrest and his wonderful resurgence that has brought him into the public eye, the truth is that he had already lived a remarkable life prior to his collapse.
Copies of the book must be purchased from the Book department at Selfridges, Upper Level and proof of purchase will be required. Please see full terms and conditions below.
Terms and conditions
- In order to meet Fabrice, you will need to purchase a copy of ‘I’m still Standing’ from Books at Selfridges Trafford, Upper Level. You must retain your receipt as you will need this on the day of the signing.
- Due to the limited number of books available for this signing it is advised that you buy your copy as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
- The signing will take place in the Technology department on the Upper Level.
- Anyone without a Selfridges receipt and a book will not be allowed into the signing area or queue.
- No other merchandise will be signed other than ‘I’m Still Standing’.
- Name only dedications will be possible.
- The event is subject to change or cancellation without notice.
- For further information please call 0161 629 1157
Source: Selfridges & Co Website